Does prostitution lead to human trafficking?

Many people argue that prostitution leads to  human trafficking. I still don't know if that is the case, so i want to write this post to help me think about the topic.

People say that if prostitution is legal, then women will become victims of human trafficking. Criminals will force women to work as prostitutes because they can make money. By making paying of sex legal, then women will be forced to become prostitutes.

But other people say that making prostitution legal, then women will become safer. Since having sex is not legal, if something bad happens to them, they can easily go to the police. They don't have to worry about corruption and bribery by officials.They won't have to hide from the police because they are doing any other job that is legal.

I still need to learn more about this issue. Either way, I hope people will work together around the world to stop human trafficking.

Please share you thoughts below. I would like to know what you think.